Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day weekend in Texas




With life fixing to be crazy as I know it... I decided a visit to Texas was in order. So, Jake and I flew to Austin to see my family for a few days. Jake was very excited to be flying on an airplane. As we took off and were in the air he kept saying, "I am so excited!" Then as he watched out the window, as we were going through the clouds, he decided we must be in heaven. After awhile he told me he didn't want to be in heaven anymore, he was ready to be in Texas!! Jake had a blast playing with his cousins Ryan & Katie. Three 4 year olds who had their own strong wills but were hilarious (and rotten at times). I finally got to meet my nephew Connor who is an absolute sweetheart! He's almost a year old now and weighing in at 18 lbs. Don't forget... he weighed less than 2 lbs. when he was born. It wasn't necessarily a relaxing trip...kids were involved...but it was nice to get away and be with my mom and sisters over the Mother's Day weekend. More pictures in Texas Trip link.

3 comments:

The Scott Family said...

Glad you had a good trip. Jake's comment about being in heaven is hilarious. Happy to see Connor is doing well wow 1 year already!! Where does the time go?

tammy said...

I am glad you were able to get away. A few days away from the chaos of 'reality' is always a welcome treat!! Do you have a final date? I will keep you in my prayers as you make this transitio

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.