Thursday, August 21, 2008

Krysta's Move to Tampa



We had a good, and busy trip to Tampa while moving Krysta into her dorm. She and Jeff drove and before they were even out of St. Louis, she had car trouble. Thankfully, they were able to get to a dealer and get what was wrong fixed and thankfully, at the expense of the dealership who had just put in new brakes and had done it wrong. Nice!!

I think the most noticeable change for Krysta was the HUMIDITY as she got out of her car. Welcome to Florida is all I can say about that. It was good getting to see a few families from back in Cincinnati and since Tampa is home for me, it's always a good time to see old FL friends from church and on the campus.

Jeff & I finally got out to a movie (kid free) and saw The Dark Knight. We also squeezed in a pre-season Tampa Bay Bucs game that was great to watch. I went out and visited my grandmother and aunt and had fun doing some last minute shopping for Krysta and picking up souvenirs for the three back at home.

Of course, it wouldn't be natural to move into the dorms without the threat of a hurricane and that's just what we got... Fay!! But, we got out Monday night and turns out, the hurricane never even got near Tampa... of course!!

Another big thanks to my parents for coming and helping out with the kids while we were gone. They had fun taking them to the Arch and going out to eat. Also, they got more boxes emptied for us and got some little jobs done for us and that was nice to come home to.

5 comments:

Jim, Holly and Abby said...

I bet you cried leaving Krysta. I know I would have!!

The Scott Family said...

Glad you guys had a safe trip : )

The Woolfpack said...

Yeah... I cried... but not as bad as I thought it would be. It had to be a quick goodbye... she was off to cross country so it was probably better that way. I do miss her.

Five Bama Tipton's said...

I'm glad you all had a fun and safe trip back. I can't wait to go down and see her...she might be MY new Best Friend..Ha! I miss all of you guys and I hope the adjustment of not having Krysta at home is easy. Love you and hope to see you soon.
Sandy

KimmyLouWho said...

OK so why did the dorms not look like that when I was there? And why did I not look like that when I was there (her suite mates are adorable)? I remember bawling as my parents drove off.......seems like yesterday! How is high school for Nat? Hope you are enjoying the south in Missouri!