Saturday, April 19, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...


Why am I posting a picture of me when I was preggers with Jake?? No... I'm not making some crazy announcement. I've been going through pictures working on a book for Krysta and ran across Jake's baby pictures. He happened to be standing by and this is how the conversation took place:

Michelle: "Hey Jake, look at mommy's big belly. Do you know who is in there?"

Jake: "No."

Michelle: "You are in there. That's when you were a little baby and you were in my tummy."

Jake: Very matter of fact... "That's gross!! Did you eat me?"

Michelle: Hysterically laughing... "No... I did not eat you."

Then... showing Jake his newborn pictures...

Michelle: "This is after you were born. Look how little you are."

Jake: "Well, how did I get out?"

Michelle: Not laughing anymore... "Ummm...the doctors helped mommy and got you out of my tummy."

Evidently, that was explanation enough and he left the room to go play.

6 comments:

The Scott Family said...

Okay I am about falling out of my chair laughing. Kids are soooo hilarious!

The Rice Family said...

sooo funny. does krysta read this blog? i thought it was supposed to be like a surprise??

Jim, Holly and Abby said...

Michelle, that was so funny. I had to read that one to Jim.

bengalschick said...

As long as the explanation worked, that is all that matters!!! HILARIOUS!

bengalschick said...

And by the way, I thought you were wearing a really long jean dress. LOL. I was thinking how your style has DEFINITELY changed since then! Ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.